Welcome to responsible-business.org. We are a little group of gamblers who want to make the online casino gambling industry safer for regular people. What do we do? we find and award responsible gaming businesses. We look for quality businesses that conduct responsible gambling and online gaming. We make sure they have a problem gambling policy and have full gaming licensed in the countries they are located in.
Gambling offers a great way to pass the time. However, problem gambling is harmful to your physical and psychological health. If not treated, problem gambling can result in intestinal disorders, distress, migraine, depression, and other anxiety-related problems.
The worst thing is: It can affect your work performance, mental health, relationships, self-esteem, and finances. Luckily, there are places that you can go and get help for problem gambling.
Overcoming Problem Gambling With Professional Help
The best way to deal with a gambling problem — and its related issues — is to reach out for professional help. Speaking to trained experts to help players recover from gambling problems is the most reliable way to ensure you get the help you need and when you need it.
The organizations and professional charities below will help deal with problem gambling. They offer help and support to ensure that you are in the right direction that will help you tackle any problems arising from gambling head-on.
National Problem Gambling Helpline
Founded in 1972 by Dr. Robert Custer, Msgr. Joseph A. Dunne, among others, NCPG is the oldest organization that deals with gambling issues.
The National Council on Problem Gambling has coordinated a list of websites and links for every state. These sites include 24×7 phone numbers, dates and times for in-person meetings, and other self-help resources for those in need. They understand this is treatable, but if not helped a gambling problem can become severe. Each state’s information is intended to be a starting point and leads those who need further assistance toward recovery.
You can reach the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network around the clock at 1-800-522-4700 https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/national-helpline-1-800-522-4700/ this is a centralized point of contact to help reach and access local tools and assistance for those struggling with a gambling addiction. The network connects to a series of call centers across the United States, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands. All calls are kept confidential.
National Problem Gambling Helpline Chat
The organization has a dedicated page where people with a gambling problem can chat with a helpline specialist. Here is the page: https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/chat/. It works in all 50 states of the United States. The best part is: It is free, confidential, and available 24/7.
The chat specialist will lead you to further resources depending on your situation and location. That’s an excellent step in leading those in need to ensure they find help in a somewhat anonymous and non-judgemental fashion.
The platform has loads of screening tools available to those in need; you can access them from here: https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/screening-tools/. Essentially, this page provides a self-assessment tool; this provides a great first step in self-diagnosis and is an honest and unobtrusive way of determining the next steps.
If it becomes necessary for in-person treatment, you can find a multitude of options here: https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/treatment-facilities/. From inpatient, residential, and intensive outpatient treatment all over the country, you will find what you need on this page.
Since its inception in 1997, GamCare has been providing a range of services for problem gamblers in Wales, Scotland, and England. They also offer support to those impacted by someone else’s gambling.
GamCare runs the National Gambling HelpLine via webchat through their site: https://www.gamcare.org.uk/. Alternatively, you can contact them via phone: 0808 8020 133. The best part is: It is free to call the organization.
Gambling Therapy offers its services worldwide free of charge. The organization provides emotional support and practical advice to those affected by problem gambling. Players can get help at their site: https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/support/
The site also has a mobile application. The app allows players to access several tools and information that can help them identify and overcome problem gambling. You can get the application on App Store or Google Play.
Also known as GA, Gamblers Anonymous was established in 1957 by Jim Willis. You can contact the organization through their phone number (626) 960-3500 or get hep at their site: https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/addresses.
GA offers twelve-step support meetings for individuals that have a gambling problem. It allows players with a gambling problem to meet and share their experiences, hope, and strength. In turn, this helps them to solve any issues that compulsive gambling has brought to their lives.
Also, it helps players to recover from compulsive gambling addiction. Gamblers Anonymous offers a range of meeting formats. These include:
- Newcomers or Beginners: These meetings are for individuals new to Gamblers Anonymous, specifically people who have been in GA’s program for less than 12 months.
- Main or Closed: These meetings are designed for people with a gambling problem only.
- Mixed Meetings: These are strictly gatherings of GAM-ANON and GA members. During these meetings, literature from GAM-ANON and GA (12-step fellowship) is read. Members from both fellowships get to share their experiences, hope, and strength.
- Step: When it comes to Step meetings, Gamblers Anonymous members will work on the twelve steps of recovery.
- Open: With Open meetings, they are specifically for friends, family, and spouses of a compulsive gambler.
- Women-Preferred or Women’s: Only women can attend these meetings.
- Modified closed: These meetings are held whenever members vote to include a guest who attends with a newcomer, or health professional from other step fellowships to GA.
Gam-Anon offers support for family members of the person who has been affected by problem gambling. They organize meetings worldwide to help both compulsive gamblers and their families. You can contact the organization through their phone number 718-352-1671 or get help at their website https://www.gam-anon.org/.
Extern Problem Gambling
Extern Problem Gambling is a free resource dedicated to providing independent support to those whose lives have been affected by problem gambling in Ireland. Essentially, their mission is to provide resources, a dedicated series of support, and referral pathways for people with problem gambling and their families.
Additionally, they advocate on behalf of individuals suffering because of problem gambling; they also highlight issues related to gambling in the media. You can visit the site to get advice at https://www.problemgambling.ie/ or get help via phone on 089 241 5401.
Dunlewey Addiction Services
Founded in 1987, Dunlewey provides specialist services to people experiencing addiction issues, including gamblers. They offer support to Irish with gambling problems and their families. You can visit their site at https://dunlewey.org/ or get help via their phone on 1800 936 725.
HelpLink provides a gambling problem counseling service for free via phone and online through video consultations. They work together with Gambling Awareness Trust to help those with a gambling problem. Appointments for their counseling services are available via phone on 0818 99 88 80 or through their site https://helplink.ie/.
Gambling Help Online
Gambling Help Online offers Australians who have problem gambling help and advice around the clock through live chat on their website https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/ and via phone 1800 858 858.
Their site also has a tool that players can use to self-assess themselves to know if they have a gambling problem. By assessing yourself, you will be able to make an informed decision on what to do.
The gambling calculator allows you to find out how much you spend when playing. You can also chat with one of their counselors if you need assistance.
The Responsible Gambling Foundation
Founded in 2014, the Responsible Gambling Foundation offers help and advice to those with problem gambling and their families in their recovery efforts. To get help and advice, you can go to their site https://rgf.org.mt.
Adictel Prevention Addiction
Adictel is an interactive platform that supports problem gamblers. You can visit their site to get help and advice online at www.adictel.com/en/. This organization helps gamblers in France.
Gluecksspielsucht Problem Gambling
People from Germany who have a problem gambling can head to www.glücksspielsucht.de. Gluecksspielsucht Problem Gambling also has a phone number where Germans can call to get help: 0800 0776611.
Responsible Gambling at Online Casinos
The page https://www.onlinecasinos.net/help/responsible-online-casino-gaming/ primarily focuses on the topic of responsible gambling, the issues surrounding gambling addiction, and the measures online casinos take to curb problematic behaviors.
- Entertainment Value of Casinos: Casinos are a major part of the entertainment industry, offering excitement and the allure of winning big. For many, it’s a form of entertainment where they can control their spending and enjoyment. However, for some, the thrill of gambling can lead to problems.
- Potential Problems with Gambling:
• Some individuals might face financial issues due to excessive gambling.
• Others might encounter social problems as a result of their gambling habits.
- Breadth of the Issue: Gambling addiction is not exclusive to online casinos. Even other forms of gambling like sports bookies, poker rooms, bingo halls, and more, witness problem gamblers.
- Addiction Beyond Gambling: The text draws parallels between gambling addiction and other forms of addiction, like shopping, indicating that some individuals have inherent addictive personalities or conditions like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Online Casinos’ Response:
• Regulators in the online casino industry collaborate with charities and governmental organizations that cater to individuals with gambling problems.
• Online casinos use software that allows players to set financial restrictions, which includes options like deposit limits, table limits, self-exclusion, and more.
• There are tools like the reality check that reminds players of their playtime, promoting responsible gambling.
• The page also emphasizes the importance of understanding one’s own gambling behavior, encouraging readers to take a gambling addiction test to evaluate their habits.
- Importance of Awareness: The content emphasizes the importance of awareness, understanding potential problems, and regularly checking oneself using available tools.
- Additional Resources: The article offers links to some websites where individuals can evaluate their gambling behavior.
Big Deal is a sister website of GamCare. The site caters to teens with problem gambling behavior. The platform allows teenagers in the UK to share their gambling experiences, struggles, hope, and success in recovery. They also offer advice to teenagers in similar situations. To get help from problem gambling, you can visit their site: https://bigdeal.org.uk/. They also have a phone that you can use to reach them: 0808 8020 133.
The first step to dealing with a gambling problem is identifying that you have one. Recognizing that you have a gambling problem can be tricky. Many gamblers deny that they have a problem and don’t want to talk about it or even get help from professionals until it harms their lives.
Knowing the signs of problem gambling can help you avoid issues in the future. Some warning signs you should look out for include betting more than you can afford, trying to win back what you have lost, and selling or borrowing money to gamble. You can also have health problems and feel guilty when you are playing.
The next step is finding a way of overcoming it. The organization above can help you deal with your gambling problem.